We offer our clients time tested and proven solutions for wood deck waterproofing needs. Westcoat ALX seamless system was specifically designed for wood decks with plywood substrate. It offers unmatched strength and durability by integrating finest acrylic resins and cement blends into a reinforced galvanized metal lath.
If you are living in the Pacific Northwest then a wet weather is less of a surprise for you. Instead, it’s something you can count on as much as 154 times per year. Such large amounts of rain can negatively impact our structures through water intrusion into our homes and businesses.
Our skilled and trained installers work hard every time to achieve the best possible results and ensure that our system is properly integrated with surrounding materials and finishes.
QUALIFIED CONTRACTOR APPLICATOR
- Slope. Decks should meet local building codes regarding the slope requirements. Slope must be a minimum of ¼ inch per linear foot and shall provide for proper drainage.
- Joists. Joist span should not exceed 16 inches on center. Deflection must be under L/360.
- Substrate. Deck substrate must be minimum of 3/4 inch CDX plywood, T&G (Tongue & Groove), glued and screwed. NOTE: OSB substrate is not suitable for this application.
- Sill pan flashings. We strongly recommend sill pan flashings at all door openings located directly over the deck, to prevent moisture leaks through the door construction into and behind the waterproof system.
Standard Westcoat ALX system is finished with a basic sand finish and solid color topcoat such as SC-10. Alternatively, for a more sophisticated look a decorative Westcoat Texture-Crete finish can be applied as a final finish coat.
Westcoat ALX advantages and benefits:
- Mitigates Plywood Seam Movement (applies to ALX)
- Environmentally-friendly finishes
- Low Maintenance
- Unmatched Strength and Durability
- Tough Final Coat is UV Resistant
- Safe Skid Resistant Textured Finish
- Highly Impact-Resistant
- Ideal for High Traffic Areas
- Highest Quality Products
- Available in a variety of colors and patterns